Official Rules for the SOCIY Anniversary Photo Sweepstakes
- NO PURCHASE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER AND PURCHASE OR OTHER CONSIDERATION WILL NOT IMPROVE THE CHANCE OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: To enter, your YMCA or YWCA must (a) be located in one of the fifty states of the United States other than the state of Rhode Island, or the District of Columbia; (b) have registered with SOCIY online at www.SOCIY.io (the “Registration”); and (c) have each photograph/entry submitted from an account designated to enter the Sweepstakes on their behalf.
- Entry: The entry period (the “Entry Period”) begins July 19, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on August 31, 2019. An authorized representative of a Participating YMCA that is over 18 and not a resident of Rhode Island may enter by visiting www.SOCIY.io and completing the Registration process. After completing the Registration process, the identified designated representative may then enter the Sweepstakes by posting a qualifying photograph related to historical activity at your Participating YMCA on either (i) Twitter or (ii) Instagram from the designated account that includes the hashtags [#SOCIY175 & #SWEEPSTAKES] during the Entry Period (each photograph shared will be deemed an “Entry”). Multiple Entries will be accepted. To constitute a valid entry, you must meet the eligibility requirements in 2 above and your entry must comply with the applicable entry requirements in this Section 3 and be received by SOCIY during the Entry Period. All late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undelivered or destroyed entries are invalid entries, regardless of the person responsible or cause. SOCIY reserves the rights to, at its sole discretion, cancel, suspend and/or modify this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules or disqualify any individual or entry for purposes of protecting the integrity of this Sweepstakes or addressing changes in business operations or other circumstances, to the extent allowed under applicable law. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SOCIY as the Sponsor. “Participating YMCA” means any YMCA or YWCA who has completed the Registration and is not located in Rhode Island.
- Drawing; Prize: On or about [September 7, 2019], SOCIY will randomly draw one (1) prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) from among all valid Entries received during the Entry Period (the “Drawing”). The Prize for the Prize Winner is a $1,000 credit towards programming services to be provided by SOCIY (the “Prize”). The Prize has a retail value of $1,000. The Prize (a) is not transferable or redeemable for cash or substitution and (b) cannot be refunded or exchanged except at the sole discretion of SOCIY. The Prize Winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes, fees and other government assessments on the awarded prize. SOCIY has the sole authority to determine the Prize Winner and its decisions are final and binding in all respects.
- Odds: The odds that a valid entry will be selected in the Drawing are one (1) out of the total number of valid Entries received. The maximum number of entries and the exact odds cannot be determined.
- Claiming Prizes; Alternate: Each tentatively selected Prize Winner will be notified by telephone or email. To claim a Prize, the tentatively selected Prize Winner must complete, sign and return SOCIY’s form of Prize Acceptance Agreement that includes an affidavit of eligibility (including proof of eligibility upon request), waiver of liability, and publicity authorization and release plus any applicable tax forms (collectively, the “Acceptance Documents”). If a tentatively selected Prize Winner fails to timely respond or comply with these requirements, or if SOCIY determines a tentatively selected Prize Winner ineligible after review of the Acceptance Documents, then that tentatively selected Prize Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected by random drawing as described in 4 above. If SOCIY is unable to award a Prize after making reasonable attempts, the Prize will remain un-awarded unless otherwise prohibited by law. Final selection as the Prize Winner is subject to verification of compliance with the eligibility requirements outlined in these Official Rules.
- Compliance With Twitter and Instagram Rules and Regulations: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant and its designated representatives agree to comply with all Twitter and Instagram Rules and Regulations. Further, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Twitter and its affiliates, as well as Instagram and its affiliates, and all persons associated therewith. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram.
- Grant of Rights; Waiver and Release: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant (a) grants to SOCIY an irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted and worldwide right to use entrant’s name, likeness and photograph(s) submitted as part of the Sweepstakes in its advertising and promotional materials, regardless of the type of media, the content of the advertisement or promotion, or the manner of publication, broadcast or distribution (including, without limitation, the internet); (b) grants to Kautz Family YMCA Archives an irrevocable, perpetual, unrestricted and worldwide right to use each Entry; and (c) agrees (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SOCIY as the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes; (ii) to release and hold harmless SOCIY and its affiliates from any and all losses, damages, claims and actions of any kind arising from this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession or use of any awarded prize, including, without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy; (iii) that SOCIY may send to such entrant marketing, advertising and promotional materials to the address(es) provided in the Registration; (iv) that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or the prizes shall be governed by the law specified in 8 below and shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Jackson County, Missouri, and entrant hereby consents to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for purposes of any such action; and (v) that SOCIY is responsible for and cannot be held liable for unauthorized human intervention, technical errors, printing errors, mail delays, or any other errors in the administration of this Sweepstakes.
- Applicable Law and Geographic Area: Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by and construed exclusively in accordance with the laws of the State of Missouri without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rule of any jurisdiction. This Sweepstakes is void outside the United States and where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor and Prize Winner Identification: The name and address of the Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is SOCIY, LLC, 2024 Main Street, Suite 1W, Kansas City, Missouri 64108. You may obtain the names of the Prize Winner by sending a request to SOCIY (identifying this particular Sweepstakes) to the above address, together with a stamped, self-addressed #10 envelope.