Q: What is SOCIY? / `so - she / *
A: Sociy is a website platform specifically tailored for YMCAs.* The Latin “socii” which comes from the plural ‘socius’ - meaning ‘allies or partners’.
YMCAs we [ have worked / are working ] with ...
We've been privileged to work with many YMCA organization across the country. Through that experience, we have developed a very special understanding and appreciation for two things: what Ys need & the services they provide. We are confident that we understand your Association better than any other website company. With that knowledge, we want to help you operate at your highest potential online.
- Gateway Region YMCA
- Greater Wichita YMCA
- YMCA of Austin
- YMCA of Greater Houston
- Great Miami Valley YMCA
- YMCA of Greenville, SC
- YMCA of Greater Rochester
- Monroe County YMCA
- Sewickley Valley YMCA
- YMCA of Metro Chicago
- YMCA of Callaway County
- Harrison Family YMCA
- Goldsboro Family YMCA
- YMCA of the North Shore
- Pav YMCA
- Alamance County YMCA
- YMCA of Greensboro
- Butte Family YMCA
- YMCA of Metro Chattanooga
- Morristown YMCA
- Twin Rivers YMCA
- Ottawa YMCA
- Randolph YMCA
- and growing ...
"Thank you for being so easy to work with and available when needed. After having worked with you the last few years, we have nothing but positive things to say about the quality of your service and the product you deliver."Leilani Perry, Marketing Director, YMCA of Austin
Everything you want, only what you need
The Sociy platform is built specifically for YMCA Associations and JCCs. These Ys and Js - all over the country - share a common mission of making a meaningful difference in their communities. This mission of strengthening those communities is a common thread throughout the world-wide organizations. Whether big or small, we've found that many of the obstacles and online issues for YMCAs and JCCs are the same. We've set out to provide the website solution for Ys and Js. Plain and simple.
Sociy is packed with features that will immediately make your organization better online. This platform continues to grow with the organization. As we build out new functionality to fulfill needs for individual associations, that feature is then added to the platform, helping other Ys and Js with those same online needs and goals. Rather than compete with each other, YMCAs are accustomed to working together, side-by-side, to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. We want to help Ys and Js accomplish exactly that, and we've built a platform custom-made for your organization to do it.
If your organization wants it, we can make it. And if your organization needs it, we probably already have it.
- We Know the Y - We've spent years working with YMCAs from all over the country. We know the branding standards, we know the classes & programs, we've learned the language and we have solved the same problems multiple ways for multiple Ys. We know what works and, more importantly, what converts.
- Only What You Need - We're not big fans of making things, just because it's a good idea. We'd rather build features that solve real problems, and test to make sure that those features are easy to use for your audience. Rest assured that our features are filtered through this attitude first. If we have it, you need it. And if you need it, we can make it.
- Everything You Want - Remember all those years spent working with YMCAs? Well, we saved our work. If we've built for other Ys, it is available as a solution for your Y. Just like your Y, we've built a platform that grows with its community. Chances are, you are not the first Y organization to need a specific feature, and we've already got it worked out in Sociy. If you are the first - simply help us create the best possible solution for your Y, that benefits others in the process.
No One Cares More Than You
No one understands your organization's needs better than you. We provide a user-friendly application with robust features to build out your web presence and interact with your members. Schedule news and event updates, recruit new members, class enrollments, and location listings ... now all managed in one place. Reach out to us and see just how Sociy can help you and your organization.
We Are Responsive
As of April 24th, 2015 - Google is starting to rank websites LOWER in their searches if they do not have a responsive, mobile friendly site. This is huge news. Studies say that 1 of every 4 people accessing the internet today are doing so from a mobile device. When you consider that 25% of your website audience is experiencing that site differently than someone on a computer, it makes sense that you should put a priority on that experience. We deliver just that ... an optimized, mobile friendly and responsive website that will look great on any major device. Bottom line, your website should respond excellently to being shown on a phone or a tablet. With Sociy, we can help you get a website that looks great from the largest to the smallest screens.
Be Everywhere Your Customer Is
Your local branches are your most valuable asset. Sociy is all about community. Connecting with your community gives your members a sense of togetherness. This gives your users access to the information that's important to them. Alerts, both sitewide and location specific, provide your members with updates on current situations and closings. Our locations pages offer users information about hours, staff, classes, and an interactive map*, so members and potential members can find the best location for them. And built in contact forms for each location allow members to reach out if they ever need assistance.
* Features dependent upon Membership Tier
One Less Thing For You To Worry About
You have enough to worry about when launching a new site. All of the maintenance and hosting fees, they can be difficult to keep track of. We handle all of that for you. One fee, one place, one system to manage everything.
- Updates - Get the most up-to-date features from the Sociy platform as well as software and module updates. Your site will always be on the latest, safest software.
- Security Patches - Our system keeps your information safe. Occasionally, as will all technology, problems may pop up. We find fast solutions so that security holes are patched quickly.
- Automated Backups - Never worry about losing your information or data. We backup your site and content regularly, so you can keep sleep easy at night.
- Integrated Hosting - Don't worry dealing with another company, which means another invoice. Every plan comes with complimentary hosting on our dedicated AWS servers. One fee, multiple services.
- Free Class Pages - Group workout classes and schedules
- Donations Page - We have created an option for all donations to be designated with simplicity (or ease) by allowing the user to access the donate tab from any page within the site
- Daxko Integration - Class registration integration with a common external API
- Multiple Administration Roles - Ability to give different levels of access to staff for site management and content creation
- Real Y Stories - Testimonial blogs that act as a recruitment tool for your Y
- Location Specific Features - Specific program pages, contact forms, news, events and social media - customized down to the branch level
- Schedule Search - Search class schedules by location or activity and get results
- Custom Design - Site module customization (ability to pick from different layout options). Be as unique as your organization wants to be
- Membership Calculation - Ability to sign up and calculate membership dues directly on the site, immediately, for prospect members
- Site-wide Search - Built in search so users can find anything they need with just a few clicks
Don't Just Tell Me ... Show Me.
Interested in Seeing More?
Sometimes it's just easier to see it, and we would be more than happy to oblige. Schedule Your Presentation to not only get all the relevant information, but to see the platform in action. Live examples, relevant screenshots, features & pricing, and most important, time for questions and background on your association's needs.
If you're serious about making a decision for a better YMCA website, a demo allows us to cover it all. Let's talk!Schedule a Walk-Thru